HomeAbout UsProject GalleryShoppe

Monday, March 10, 2014

Shop Small...

Shop Small... I like the idea of that. I like the promotions I see for Small Business Saturday in November. But it got me thinking; "Do I, as a small business owner, also shop small when I order things for my store?" For the most part, I'm afraid the answer has been "no", until now!
 
 

On a recent trip to Seattle I came across a wonderful soap company called Estrella. They make the most beautiful soaps, completely handmade in small batches, all natural, with the most delightful scents....right here in Seattle! NOT KIDDING that these scents will make your mouth water: Almond cocoa vanilla, Citrus lemongrass, Rose geranium, Vanilla orange lavender- and the list goes on! It helps that they are also the nicest people to deal with, and very helpful about what their customers like.We followed their advice and were Not disappointed when our order arrived!




And so began our quest to find other ways to  
          'shop small' for our little store! 

  



 Our next discovery were these beautiful handmade cards by Karen Fabiano. Another local gal who works in the greater Seattle area. All of her cards are printed on recycled paper that looks & feels like linen. I love the designs, and because I chose the blank ones, you can provide the sentiment! (we know how sentimental you all are...)





 I am also partial to the Market Bags that a good friend of mine makes! I'm trying to get Debbie P. to make a whole slew of these beauties and just pack the shelves with them.... These bags are fully lined, made with vintage fabrics, and embellished with some of Deb's handmade leather flowers, vintage jewelry, old belts and whatever else tickles her fancy. Each is one of a kind!
If you get a chance, stop by the store and check out these new lovelies! 
                     We are located at 719 Main St. in Buckley. 
                            ( Inside the Queen's Ransom bldg.)
Be sure to stop back next week as I share more on our 
                              quest to 'shop small' ! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment